Early Years Curriculum Overview
Kindergarten (KG) - Foundation
The education of our youngest children draws on the best global research and practice of how they develop and learn most effectively. Central to our work is the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, Belonging, Being and Becoming which is closely related to the English Early Years Framework.
We aim to ensure that all of our children:
• Have a strong sense of identity
• Are connected with and contribute to their world
• Have a strong sense of wellbeing
• Are conﬁdent and involved learners
• Are effective communicators.
Our Early Years team carefully assesses each child and plans activities so that all children are intentionally taught to achieve these outcomes through their play.
Play is a context for learning that:
• Allows for the expression of personality and uniqueness
• Enhances dispositions such as curiosity and creativity
• Enables children to make connections between prior experiences and new learning
• Assists children to develop relationships and concepts
• Stimulates a sense of wellbeing.
It is vitally important to our approach that Early Years education is not just about preparing children for later learning. At the Multinational Schools we want our children to experience the joy of these precious years. In fact, we know that their enjoyment is essential to their successful Belonging, Being and Becoming.